1 cup Wheat flour
1/2 cup Blackgram dal (urad)
2 nos. Red chillies
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 nos. Cardamon
2 nos. Cloves
1/2″ piece Cinnamon
1/5th cup Water
Oil To fry
Salt To taste
* Rub 1 tsp oil into the wheat flour.
* Add 1/2 tsp salt to the what flour.
* Make a soft dough using small amounts of water.
* Set aside the dough for 25 minutes, covered with a wet cloth.
* Soak blackgram dal for atleast one hour and grind to a paste adding very little or without any water.
* Grind together red chillies, cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and keep aside.
* Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a fry pan.
* Add the dal paste and the ground masalas, stirring constantly till the dal is fried and the water is absorbed leaving it dry.
* Knead and divide the dough into 10 balls.
* Make a cup with each ball and fill with the prepared dal mixture.
* Seal by extending the dough over the filling.
* Flatten and roll into a ball, 3″ in diametre. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Drain and serve hot.
very nice dish