For outer layer
1 cup refined flour/maida
1 1/2 tbsps semolina/rava
4 tbsps ghee + some for deep frying
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsps water
1 cup fresh grated coconut
15-20 raisins, chopped
1 cup jaggery, grated
1/2 tsp green cardamom/elaichi powder
1. Sieve flour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add semolina and ghee and mix well.
3. Knead into soft dough with milk and water.
4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
5. To make the stuffing, roast the grated coconut in a thick-bottomed pan or kadai till golden-brown.
6. Add the remaining stuffing ingredients and mix well. Leave to cool.
7. Knead the dough once more and divide into twelve small balls.
8. Roll each ball out into a circle, taking care not to make it too thick or too thin.
9. Place 1 tsp of the filling in one half of the dough circle.
10. Moisten the edges of the circle with a little water and fold over the other half, sealing in the mixture.
11. Press the edges together to seal tightly.
12. Repeat for all the other dough circles.
13. Deep fry in hot ghee on a low-medium heat until crisp and golden-brown.
14. Drain well and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
15. Serve the coconut karanji’s slightly warm so the delicious stuffing melts in the mouth.
excellent and healthy recipe liked by all
it is excellent easy and tasty