- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
- Garlic Cloves – 2, crushed
- Fresh Root Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
- Split Red Lentils – 300 gms
- Vegetable Stock – 750 ml
- Fresh Mint – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Red Onions – 2, thinly sliced
- Baby Spinach Leaves – 200 gms
- Hazelnut Oil – 1 tsp
- Soft Goat’s Cheese – 150 gms
- Greek Yogurt – 4 tblsp
- Pepper as required
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lentils, then add the stock, a ladleful at a time, until it is all absorbed, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the herbs.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Keep stirring frequently.
- Toss the spinach and the hazelnut oil in a bowl.
- Divide between serving plates.
- Mash the goat’s cheese with the yogurt in a small bowl and season to taste with pepper.
- Divide the lentils between the serving plates and top with the onions and goat’s cheese mixture.