Rice – 1 cup
Spinach Leaves – 250 gms
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaf Paste – 1 tblsp
Tomato – 1, small and minced
Salt – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2, hard boiled and sliced
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, sliced
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
2. Wash spinach thoroughly in several changes of water and soak in water for 30 minutes.
3. Drain and chop fine.
4. Heat oil in a heavy based pan over moderate heat.
5. Sprinkle in cumin seeds and when they splutter, add ginger, garlic, coriander leaf paste and tomato.
6. Lower heat and cook, stirring continously, for a minute or two.
7. Add spinach and cook over low heat till water from spinach evaporates and oil can be seen around the edges.
8. Drain rice and add to pan.
9. Stir till translucent.
10. Mix in salt and 2 cups of water.
11. Cook rice for 10 to 15 minutes, till water is absorbed and rice is tender.
12. Remove pan from heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
13. Transfer half the rice to a serving dish.
14. Spread egg slices over rice and cover with remaining rice.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and tomato slices.
16. Serve hot.