Cheese Bonda is a delicious variation to the regular bonda recipe. A simple to make dish that can be served with tea as an evening snack to kids.
It can also double up as an appetizer starter to any occasion and any meal.
- 2 cup Maida or Wheat Flour
- 2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated
- 1 cup Onions finely chopped
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- as per taste Salt
- as required for frying Oil
- Combine the maida, rice flour with salt and butter in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add some warm water and mix well to a thick batter, like an idli batter.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Add onions, green chillies, cheese, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Drop small portions (small balls) of the batter into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney.