Thattai is a crispy, deep fried snack popular in South India especially in Tamil Nadu. Prepared using rice flour, they are a great any time snack.
Raw Rice Flour – 500 gms, lightly roasted
Moong Dal – 2 tblsp
White Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
Roasted Gram Flour – handful
Black Peppercorns – little, crushed
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the moong dal in water for a few hours and drain the water.
2. Combine rice flour, white sesame seeds, moong dal, roasted gram flou, peppercorns, salt and enough water.
3. Mix well to a thick dough.
4. Make small balls and roll them into a flat thattais.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Fry the prepared thattais till light golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Store in an airtight container.