Punugulu or Instant Bonda with leftover Idli batter is a common street food in Andhra Pradesh. Made with left over idli or dosa batter, these are crispy, spicy and tasty evening snacks.
Commonly served with peanut chutney, you can serve it with coconut chutney and sambar too.
- 1 cup Idli / Dosa Batter
- 1/4 cup Onion grated
- 2 tsp Gram Flour
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- few Coriander Leaves chopped
- few Curry Leaves chopped
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
- Mix the idli batter, gram flour, red chilli powder, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Add grated onions and salt.
- Mix well.
- Make small balls of the batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry these balls till golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with peanut chutney or coconut chutney.