Oats Ribbon Pakoda is a crunchy snack in South India. It’s usually served as an evening snack to kids and adults alike.
A modern variation to the popular South Indian savoury snack – Ribbon Pakoda . It is a spicy, crunchy snack that is made from deep-fried gram flour batter. The batter can be seasoned with different spices and flavors depending on the region where it’s being cooked in.
Oats Ribbon Pakoda Recipe
Ingredients for Oats Ribbon Pakoda
- 1/2 cup Oats Flour
- 1/2 cup Bengal Gram Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Butter
- as per taste Salt
- for deep frying Oil
How to make Oats Ribbon Pakoda
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Dry roast the oats until a nice aroma.
- Let it cool down. Make a fine powder using a mixer.
- Take a bowl, add the oats flour, rice flour, bengal gram flour, red chilli powder, sesame seeds, asafoetida, butter, salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle some water and knead them to a dough.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take some of the dough and pass it through a ribbon pakoda maker onto the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Store in an airtight container.