Curd Bonda or Thayir Bonda is a variation to the popular South Indian bonda variety. Made with maida and curd, this is equally tasty as the original.
Serve this as an appetizer snack or evening tea time snack with chutney and sambar.
Curd Bonda Recipe
Ingredients for Curd Bonda
- 1 1/2 cup Curd
- 2 cup Maida
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 15 to 20 Cashewnuts broken
- for frying Oil for frying
How to make Curd Bonda
- Beat the curd gently and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add maida, asafoetida powder, salt, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and cashew nuts.
- Mix well until slightly thick.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Drop small balls of the dough and deep fry until light golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney.