Spicy Oats Kozhukattai is a modern variation of the regular kozhukattai and can be served as an evening snack.
Oats provide a high amount of fiber and nutrients, which helps regulate blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps with weight loss by keeping you feeling fuller for longer periods of time. Oats are rich in antioxidants that have been shown to have strong anti-inflammatory properties, they also reduce your risk of heart disease with their ability to lower cholesterol levels in the blood stream.
Spicy Oats Kozhukattai
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Bengal Gram Dal
- 1 Onion medium, finely chopped
- few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Idli Milagai Powder
- Crush the oats finely.
- Take large bowl, add the oats, rice flour, salt, grated coconut and mix well.
- Heat a pan, add water and boil it.
- Add the hot water gradually to the flour mixture and stir them.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Knead them to a dough and make small balls from it.
- Take a streamer and steam cook the balls for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Keep them aside.
- Take a kadai and heat under medium flame.
- Add oil, mustard seeds, bengal gram dal and fry them till golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions, curry leaves and fry.
- If needed, add little salt to it.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add the cooked kozhukattai balls and gently mix them.
- Before removing from flame, sprinkle some pepper powder and idli milagai podi.
- This is an excellent evening snack.