Rajma Masala Sundal (or Red Kidney Beans Masala Sundal) is a healthy and delicious evening snack. Popular during Navratri festival, they can also be packed for kids school snack box.
Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 2 cups, washed, soaked in water overnight.
Tomatoes – 4, finely chopped
Onions – 2, chopped
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Red Chillies – 8
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 8 tsp
Jeera – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
1. Pressure cook the rajma for five to six whistles.
2. Allow to cool and drain the excess water completely.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry coriander seeds, red chillies and grind to a fine powder.
5. Heat the remaining oil and add jeera.
6. Add the onions and fry until light brown.
7. Add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and cook till tomatoes are mashed well.
8. Add cooked rajma, ground powder and mix well
9. Add lemon juice and stir well.
10. Remove to a serving bowl.
You can use coriander powder and chili powder instead of grinding coriander seeds and chilies
Add 1/2 tsp of garam masala or chat masala for spicy sundal.