Sweet Corn Sundal is a very easy and quick to make sundal snack for kids. Also called as stir fried sweet corn, this is a great snack during Navratri festival when guests come home to see the golus. These can be made any time – be it festivals or just a regular evening snack.
Sweet Corn Sundal
- 4 Sweet Corn Cobs cut into two
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 7 to 8 Green Chillies halved and slit lengthwise
- 2 tsp Oil
- few Curry Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Carrot peeled, grated
- 2 Cherry Tomato finely chopped
- Pressure cook the corn cobs with a pinch of salt for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Cool and remove the kernels.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds till it splutters.
- Add dal, asafoetida powder and fry till the dal turns light golden brown.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels, coconut, tomato, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve at once.