Pattani Masala Sundal is a simple but tasty sundal variety to make during Navratri. It can also be served as an evening snack to kids.
Dried White Peas – 2 cups, soaked for 8 to 12 hours
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Mint Leaves – handful
Coriander Leaves – handful
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Dry Roast and Grind:
Dry Red Chillies – 5
Cinnamon – a small piece
Cardamoms – 2
Cloves – 2
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
1. Dry roast the red chillies, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and saunf.
2. Grind them to a fine powder.
3. Pressure cook the peas until tender but not mushy.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Add the cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste.
6. Stir for 20 seconds.
7. Add the cooked peas, salt and mix well.
8. Add mint leaves and coriander leaves.
9. Stir gently until all ingredients are well mixed.
10. Remove and serve.
Tip: If required sprinkle a little water at step #9.
Very nice recipe.