Navadhanyam means nine pulses and grains. The Navadhanya Sundal is made during Navratri festival as an offering to the deities and distributed as a prasadam to guests. This sundal is packed with protein and hence can be made as a regular tea time snack or as an evening kids snack too.
- 1/2 cup White Konda Kadalai
- 1/2 cup Black Konda Kadalai
- 1/2 cup Karamani (Cow Peas)
- 1/2 cup Paasi Paruppu (Moong Dal)
- 1/2 cup Kollu (Horse Gram)
- 1/2 cup Mochai
- 1/2 cup Red Soya Beans
- 1/2 cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- 1/2 cup Dry Peas
- Oil as required
- Salt as per tsate
- few Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- 6 to 8 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Saunf
- a small piece Cinnamon
- a small piece Ginger
- Soak the nine grains and pulses for couple of hours.
- Pressure cook until 1 or 2 whistles or until they are soft.
- Grind all the ingredients given for grinding.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the cooked grains and pulses.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add the ground mixture and cook for a minute or two.
- Garnish with curry leaves.