Channa Chaat is a popular dish from the Indian subcontinent. The dish is made of boiled chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, chaat masala, lemon juice and other spices.
The dish is a popular choice for breakfast or as an appetizer during after-school snacks. It can also be served as a main course with rice and roti.
Channa Chaat (Chickpeas Chaat) Recipe
Ingredients for Channa Chaat (Chickpeas Chaat)
- 1 cup White Chickpeas (Channa)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Onion
- 1 Small Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Carrot grated
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- as per taste Salt
How to make Channa Chaat (Chickpeas Chaat)
- Add a little salt to chickpeas and pressure cook until 1 or 2 whistles. Drain any excess water.
- Finely chop the capsicum, tomato, onions and green chilli.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, carrot, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add pepper powder, chaat masala powder, lemon juice and mix again.
- Serve at once.