Aloo Bhujia or also known as Aloo Bhujia Sev is a very popular Indian snack. Made with potatoes mixed with spices and fried in hot oil, this is often served as a teatime snack or as a quick munch.
It is extremely popular with children and make a good lunchbox snack item.
Impress your family and friends with some homemade Aloo Bhujia.
Homemade Aloo Bhujia Recipe
Ingredients for Homemade Aloo Bhujia
- 4 Potatoes boiled
- 1 cup Raw Rice Flour
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- as per taste Salt
- as required for frying Oil
How to make Homemade Aloo Bhujia
- Peel and mash the potatoes well.
- Ensure there are no lumps.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Mix the rice flour, gram flour, chaat masala powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the potato mixture and some water (if required).
- Mix well to a smooth, pliable dough.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
- Add the potato mixture to a ompodi (or a sev) maker.
- Gently press over the hot oil and cook until light golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This gets cooked faster, so keep an eye on it and ensure it does not get burnt.
- If desired, sprinkle a bit of chaat masala powder after step 10.
- Ompodi maker is nothing but a murukku press with a plate to make ompodi. Insert the plate into the murukku press and add the dough. Then insert the top and press gently.