Masala Chai (or Masala Tea) is a very popular beverage in India. Typically consumed in the morning or in the afternoon, this aromatic and classic tea is made with tea leaves, spices with a bit of warm milk.
Milk – 1 cup, warm
Black Tea Leaves – 1/2 tblsp
Sugar – 1/2 tblsp
Cloves – 3, whole
Green Cardamoms – 3
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick, halved
Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1, whole
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan over high flame.
2. Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the tea leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger and peppercorns.
5. Reduce flame and simmer for a minute.
6. Remove and keep aside for 2 to 4 minutes.
7. Bring to a boil again and strain into a individual serving glasses.
8. Top up with milk.
9. Serve at once.
This is very good recipe. you can also try Instant Vedic mix chai – authentic Indian chai sold on Amazon.
Great recipe! My son is in the military and he was overseas. He first drank chai there and loved it, but could not bring the spices back. Now he can make it at home as much as he wants! Thank you!
This is the original gujrati chai masalo. I always wanted to know how it was made but could’nt find it.
this is an exellent masalachai recipe