Aloo Tikki is a tasty snack from India made with potatoes and spices. It’s famous street food in India and is loved by people of all ages. “Aloo” means potato in Hindi, and “Tikki” means cutlet or patty. So Aloo Tikki is a delicious patty made from mashed potatoes and spices.
To make Aloo Tikki, boiled potatoes are mashed and mixed with spices like coriander, cumin, and red chilli powder. The mixture is then shaped into round or oval patties and shallow fried until golden brown. It can be served with tamarind chutney, mint chutney, or ketchup.
It is not only tasty but also easy to make at home. It’s a great snack for parties or when you want something yummy to munch. So why not try it and enjoy this delicious and popular Indian snack!
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies
- handful Coriander Leaves
- handful Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- as per taste Salt
- as required Oil
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes well.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into small lemon sized balls and flatten them.
- Heat a non stick (or a regular) tawa over medium flame.
- Cook the prepared tikkis on both sides, applying oil around the edges, until golden brown.
- You can also deep fry the tikkis if preferred. Ensure you do not fry them for long.
- Remove and serve with chutney or sauce.