Green Gram Sweet Sundal (Pachai Payaru Vella Sundal) is a traditional South Indian sundal variety made during Navratri festival. This sundal is made with only 4 ingredients, so it can be made easily. It is healthy and nutritious as Green Gram is a rich source of protein and other nutrients.
Green Gram Sweet Sundal (Pachai Payaru Vella Sundal)
- 200 g Green Gram
- 150 g Jaggery
- little Cardamom Powder
- 4 tsp Coconut
- Soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and then pressure cook until 2 whistles.
- Powder the jaggery and dissolve in enough water.
- Place the jaggery water over medium flame and bring to a boil.
- Strain and bring to a boil again till thick.
- Add the cooked green gram, cardamom powder and coconut.
- Mix well.
- Serve in small serving cups.