Kulfi is a popular Indian dessert, often served as an ice cream. Rich, creamy and delicious this kulfi made with almonds is simple and easy to make.
Almonds – 2 cups, blanched, peeled, ground
Cream – 7 to 8 tblsp
Condensed Milk – 2 cups
Saffron Strands – 1/4 tsp, dissolved in 1 tblsp warm milk
Milk – 1/2 cup
Pistachios – few
Almonds – few, blanched, peeled, for garnish
1. Whisk together the ground almonds, cream and condensed milk in a large bowl until thick.
2. Bring the milk to a boil and add the saffron strands.
3. Mix well and remove to cool.
4. Then add to the almond mixture and mix well until combined. It should be creamy and thick.
5. Dry roast the pistachios and almonds and coarsely chop them.
6. Add them to the kulfi mixture, reserving some for garnish.
7. Mix well and pour into kulfi moulds.
8. Cover the top with a lid (if available) or with butter paper.
9. Keep them in the freezer for 4 hours or until set.
10. Remove the kulfi from the mould and sprinkle some of the reserved nuts.
11. Serve at once.