Whole Urad Dal – 200 gms
Sugar – 200 gms
Paneer – 100 gms, grated
Raw Rice – 1 tsp
Cardamom Essence – 2 drops
Kesari Powder (or) Edible Food Colour – as required
Ghee – 100 gms
Oil – 200 ml
1. Soak the rice and dal together for 30 minutes.
2. Add food colour and little water to the sugar.
3. Place it over medium flame and bring to a boil till it reaches a 1 1/2 string consistency.
4. Add cardamom essence and mix well.
5. Grind the rice and dal to a thick paste.
6. Add little food clour and mix.
7. Heat ghee and oil in a pan.
8. Fill up an empty plastic cover with the dough and cut a small nozzle at the end.
9. Squeeze the plastic over the hot oil/ghee in a spiral motion to make small/medium jangiris.
10. Fry till golden and immediately drop them in the sugar syrup.
11. After a minute, remove and transfer them to a plate.
12. Sprinkle grated paneer on top.