Coconut Burfi is a traditional Indian sweet that is enjoyed all around the world. Made with simple ingredients like fresh coconut, sugar and cardamom, it is the perfect Indian dessert to share with friends and family.
It can be eaten as it is or it can be used as an ingredient in cooking other desserts. It tastes great on top of ice cream or even as a filling for pancakes or crepes.
The recipe for Coconut Burfi is pretty straightforward and requires just four ingredients: coconut milk, sugar, flour and cardamom powder.
It can be eaten at room temperature or chilled. It is often prepared for festivals like Diwali, Holi and other Indian festivals.
Coconut Burfi Recipe
Ingredients for Coconut Burfi
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tblsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 cup Water/Milk adjust as required
- 1 tblsp Cashew nuts broken, fried in 1 tsp ghee
How to make Coconut Burfi
- Grind the coconut in the mixer for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Heat water in a pan over medium flame.
- Add sugar and simmer till it reaches a one string consistency.
- Add the grated coconut and stir well.
- Add the fried cashew nuts and mix well.
- Gently add the remaining ghee, stirring all the time, to the pan.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, pour into a greased plate.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Before it cools completely, cut it into desired shapes.