Badam Peda is made from milk, sugar and almonds. It is one of the most popular dishes in the Indian cuisine. It can be found in many Indian sweet shops across India as well as around the world.
The recipe for Badam Peda varies from region to region but the general ingredients are almonds, sugar, and milk.
It is often served on festive occasions like Diwali.
Badam Peda Recipe
Ingredients for Badam Peda
- 1 cup Whole Milk Powder
- 2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- 3 cups Sugar
- few drops Almond Essence
- a large pinch Saffron Strands
- 1/4 cup Warm Milk
How to make Badam Peda
- Blanch and skin the almonds.
- Grind to a very fine paste using 3/4 cup milk while grinding.
- Soak the saffron in 1/4 cup warm milk, mix thoroughly with the ground paste, and set aside.
- Warm 1 cup of milk. Add the milk powder gradually to form a smooth paste. Add this to the ground almond paste and mix well.
- Boil the sugar with 1 cup of water and mix briskly until it dissolves.
- Strain, put back on fire and boil further until a thick syrup of one-thread consistency is obtained.
- Remove from fire and add the milk-almond mixture. Beat thoroughly.
- Put it back on fire and cook on moderate heat, gradually adding the ghee until the mixture starts to thicken and solidify.
- Keep stirring during this process.
- Add the almond essence.
- Remove from fire, spread on a greased plate and cool.
- Take small pieces of this semi-solid mixture, and roll them into balls.
- Then smoothen the balls, and flatten them into peda shapes.
- Store in an airtight container.