7 Cup Burfi (or Seven Cup Cake) is a delicious and delightful Indian sweet. The name comes from the seven cups of ingredients used to make this easy sweet recipe.
Also known as a close cousin to Mysore Pak, these are made for special occasions, festivals or celebrations across the year. Compared to it’s cousin, this is relatively easy to make and tastes equally yummy.
Do remember to use the same size cup for the ingredients.
7 Cup Burfi (7 Cup Cake)
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut grated
- 1 cup Ghee
- 3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- Heat a big pan over medium flame.
- Add the gram flour and fry it, while constantly stirring, until it has a golden colour.
- Add the grated coconut and fry it for 5 to 10 minutes on low flame until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the sugar and gradually add the milk.
- Mix everything and gradually add the ghee.
- Keep mixing until the mixture comes together and is firm, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a ghee coated plate and press evenly.
- When cool enough to handle, cut them into diamond or any other shape.
- Store it in an air-tight container.