Rava Laddu or Rava Ladoo is a simple, easy and quick to make Indian sweet made with rava (sooji), caradmoms and topped with raisins & cashew nuts.
Unlike other sweets from the Indian cuisine, the recipe of rava laddu is relatively simple and involves minimal cooking.
Just like the regular laddu, this is equally famous and popular during festival times and special occasions especially in South India.
Rava Laddu Recipe
Ingredients for Rava Laddu
- 1 cup Rava (Sooji)
- 1 Dry Coconut (Koppara Thenga) grated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 2 tblsp Hot Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- handful Fried Cashewnuts
- handful Fried Raisins
How to make Rava Laddu
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the rava, fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Mix well till the rava is lightly roasted.
- Add the grated coconut and reduce flame to low.
- Continue to fry till golden.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl and add the sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and add the hot water.
- Mix well.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Press them tightly so that they hold the shape and keep aside to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.