Rajma Masala Sundal (or Red Kidney Beans Masala Sundal) is a healthy and delicious North Indian evening snack. Sundal is one of the most popular dishes made during Navratri festival. This sundal can also be packed for kids school snack box. You can also serve this as a side dish with steamed rice.
Rajma Masala Sundal
- 2 cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) washed, soaked in water overnight.
- 4 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 8 Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 8 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Jeera
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- Pressure cook the rajma for five to six whistles.
- Allow to cool and drain the excess water completely.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry coriander seeds, red chillies and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat the remaining oil and add jeera.
- Add the onions and fry until light brown.
- Add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and cook till tomatoes are mashed well.
- Add cooked rajma, ground powder and mix well
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Remove to a serving bowl.
- Serve in small cups
- You can use coriander powder and chili powder instead of grinding coriander seeds and chilies
- Add 1/2 tsp of garam masala or chat masala for spicy sundal.