Sundal is a popular & healthy protein-rich South Indian snack. During navratri festival time, every household makes one sundal variety a day. These are offered as prasadam to god and served to guests as snacks. There are many variations of sundal available. This one is made using three types of beans – Karamani, Black Beans & Rajma.
- Karamani Beans (Cowpeas) – 1 cup
- Red Kidney beans (Rajma) – 1 cup
- Black Beans – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dhal – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chillies – 3
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Leaves – Few
- Soak all the beans together over night or minimum 8 hours in water.
- Drain the excess water and wash them twice or thrice.
- Pressure cook them by adding needed salt and cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat a kadai under medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds, urad dhal, asafoetida, curry leaves and temper it.
- Brake the red chillies into two and add them.
- Add the cooked beans to it and mix them.
- Reduce the flame to low and cook for a while.
- Add required salt and grated coconut to it.
- Mix well and remove from flame.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !