Cashew Peda (Kaju Peda) is a popular Indian sweet made from cashews, sugar, cardamom and ghee.
This is a traditional Indian dessert that is usually served during the festival of Diwali.
Cashew Peda has been around for a long time but it was only in the last few years that it became popular in India.
Cashew Peda (Kaju Peda) Recipe
Ingredients for Cashew Peda (Kaju Peda)
- 250 g Cashew Nuts
- 1/4 cup Khoya
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Raisins or Pistachios
- little Saffron Strands
How to make Cashew Peda (Kaju Peda)
- Soak the cashew nuts in some water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well and grind to a smooth paste, adding little water if required.
- Transfer to a pan and place it over medium flame.
- Add sugar, khoya and mix well.
- Stir well for 10 minutes or until it becomes thick and sticky.
- Add saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and remove from flame.
- Grease your palms with little ghee or oil.
- Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them into desired shapes.
- Add 1 raisin on top and keep aside on a plate.
- Store in an airtight container.