Black Masoor Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, cubed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1, slit lengthwise
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter as required
Fresh Cream – 1/2 tblsp, for garnishing
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the dals with ginger garlic paste in a pan till one or two whistles.
2. Mash well and keep aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cumin seeds, green chillies and onions for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute.
6. Add the masala powders and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Now add the mashed dal and simmer for a few minutes.
9. Remove the pan from flame.
10. Add the lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
12. Serve hot.
I LOVED IT AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
keep it up
good recipe…but try using very little coriander seeds or don’t use as their taste may overcome other spices or maybe i used more than perscribed in recipe while cooking…and use ginger garlich paste instead of garlic…rest good
Can you please send me the crispy fried dhal recipe. Thanks
yesssssss it luks realy nice…..
Good & Faster Way TO Prepare I Would Try tHIS .
this looks yuuuummmyyyyyy!!!!
ashish… we are new learners thats why come online to learn… u don’t have ny rights to say bad words…
add salt jsut after the turmeric, duffer.
What about salt
Sorry for sounding foolish… But where and when to put turmeric powder and salt???
u can put turmeric n salt just b4 u had the dal mixture to it…..
iam not getting the aroma of dal fry. pl help
hi, try using Ginger Garlic paste in place of Chopped Garlic etc. It will give you a delightful aroma.