A delicious North Indian sweet made with cashew nuts. While this recipe uses Palkova, in some parts Khoya or Milk is used.
Cashew Nuts – 250 gms
Palkova – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Raisins (or Pistachios) – 2 tblsp
Saffron Strands – little
1. Soak the cashew nuts in some water for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Drain well and grind to a smooth paste, adding little water if required.
3. Transfer to a pan and place it over medium flame.
4. Add sugar, palgova and mix well.
5. Stir well for 10 minutes or until it becomes thick and sticky.
6. Add saffron strands and cardamom powder.
7. Mix well and remove from flame.
8. Grease your palms with little ghee or oil.
9. Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them into desired shapes.
10. Add 1 raisin on top and keep aside on a plate.
11. Store in an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !