Cashewnuts – 250 gms
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Rose essence – few drops
Drinking chocolate powder – 1 tblsp
Cocoa – 1 tsp
Milk powder – 1 tblsp
1. Preheat an oven for 100C, keep cashewnuts in the oven for 10 minutes to dry or Dry roast handful of cashewnuts in a broad hot kadai in reduced flame without discolouring the nuts. Switch off the stove and put all the roasted nuts in that kadai itself for 15-20 minutes.
2. Powder the nuts in a mixie using dry grinding blade. Run the mixie at low speed for short intervals, stirring in between to obtain even and fine powder.
3. Transfer into a broad bowl. Add essence and mix well.
4. Divide the powdered cashews into two portions equally and keep in separate bowls.
5. To one portion, add rose essence.
6. Add cocoa, drinking chocolate and milk powder to the second portion of cashew powder.
7. Roll out into thin chappathi on top of a thick plastic sheet.
8. Add rest of the syrup to the second portion and prepare the dough.
9. Roll this separately and transfer on top of first rolled out layer carefully turning upside down, so that the plastic sheet will be on top.
10.Press on top of the plastic sheet with hands and roll lightly. Peel off the plastic sheet.
11. Cut into squares or diamonds.