Paneer is now a staple dish at most Indian homes. Apart from being easily available, it is an extremely versatile dish that can be used to make a varity of savoury or sweet dishes. Most people assume paneer sweets only refer to Bengali sweets. This sweet just contradicts that thought.
For the main ingredient – Paneer – it is best to make this at home using milk & lemon juice. If you have a paucity of time, you can use store bought paneer. If you are making it at home, just ensure you rinse the milk solids to remove the lemony taste.
Gulkand is a fairly common ingredient available these days. It is a simple preserve of Rose Petals & sugar.
Paneer Gulkand Burfi is an extremely simple dish to make and can be whipped up on any occasion using just a few common ingredients. It has the simplicity & versatility of the paneer along with the delicate flavour and aroma of Gulkand. So, just get started and make this sweet dish for your family and friends to enjoy!
Paneer Gulkand Burfi Recipe
Ingredients for Paneer Gulkand Burfi
- 1 cup Fresh Paneer
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Thick cream
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 to 2 tsp Sugar optional
- few Vellari (Cucumber Seeds)
- few Saffron
- 1/4 cup Dry Fruits (Badam, Pista, Cashews, Walnut)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Seeds
- few Gulkand
How to make Paneer Gulkand Burfi
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add the dry fruits mixture, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds and roast them till nice aroma.
- Remove from fire and let it cool down.
- Add the gulkand to it and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add paneer, condensed milk, cream, corn flour, sugar and mix well.
- Transfer to a mixer and blend them together.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel and add the ground paste to it.
- Keep stirring until it becomes thick.
- Do not heat it for a long time, otherwise laddu will not hold its shape.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down.
- Take a table spoon of the mixture and make a ball shape.
- With your thumb, make a gentle press in the center.
- Put a small portion of the gulkand mixture in the center and close the mixture gently.
- Make ball shape with the stuffing inside.
- Decorate it with some saffron and vellari seeds on top.