Everybody loves cake, including me! I love to have my tea or coffee with something sweet, and this Pista Coffee Cake is such a lovely treat to have with a cup of tea or coffee. Raw, unsalted pistachios add a gleam of colour and complementary flavor to the crumb.
Coffee cakes were cakes traditionally made as a sweet accompaniment with tea or coffee as part of the British and American cuisine. As time and creativity evolved, Coffee cake also referred to cakes that were made with an infusion of coffee. The cake is moist, flavorful and not too sweet.
The rich aroma of coffee along with the spattering of nuts that sandwiches a coffee flavoured filling and finally dusted with powdered sugar, sounds oh! just so heavenly. The choice of nuts in many instances is Walnuts. However, in our recipe here, we have experimented with Pistachios. The benefits of pistachios don’t just end with their creamy texture and rich taste.
Have your cake and eat it too with this delicious Pista Coffee Cake Recipe!
Pista Coffee Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Pista Coffee Cake
- 4 Eggs Large
- 3 tbsp Strong Coffee Powder
- 100 g Pistachio Finely Chopped
- 250 g Butter soft
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 250 g All purpose Flour Sifted
- 50 g Icing Sugar For Dusting
For the Filling
- 250 g Cream
- 2 tbsp icing Sugar
- 100 g Pistachios Roughly Chopped
How to make Pista Coffee Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C & Grease a cake tray/ tin with butter.
- Dissolve coffee in 1/2 cup of warm water & allow it to cool.
- Take a large bowl and add butter and sugar and whisk until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, beating in between until it becomes light and fluffy. Stop whisking at this point.
- Add the coffee decoction and finely chopped nuts and mix well with a spatula.
- Now mix in the flour and fold until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, take the cream in a bowl.
- Whisk it nicely, add the icing sugar and pistachios and mix thoroughly. Do not over mix it.
- Carefully remove the cake from the tin and cut it horizontally.
- Spread the prepared pistachio cream over the bottom half of the cake.
- Cover it with the other half . Top the cake with some dusting of icing sugar and pistachios.