Dodol is a traditional Indian dessert. The dish is made of rice flour and jaggery, and has a very sweet taste.
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup thick + 1/2 cup thin
Rice Flour – 60 to 75 gms
Jaggery – 115 gms
Almonds or Cashews – 30 gms, blanched, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the rice flour with thin coconut milk.
2. Transfer to a pan, add salt and bring to a boil.
3. Add half the jaggery and continue to boil.
4. Keep stirring.
5. As soon it starts to thicken, add the remaining jaggery and continue to stir.
6. Now add the thick coconut milk and continue to boil.
7. Continue to stir and add the almonds.
8. When it starts to leave the sides of the pan and oil rises to the top, remove and pour into a flat dish.
9. Spread evenly and cool.
10. Cut into desired shapes and serve.
image credit: flavors of mumbai