Dry Fruits Semiya Payasam is a delicious variation to the popular South Indian dessert. This classic dish is made using milk, vermicelli and generous portions of dry fruits. A simple and satisfying dish from the Southern part of India. Make this tasty recipe on special occasions and festivals, and your family will love this Vermicelli Payasam with dry fruits.
Dry Fruits Semiya Payasam Recipe
Ingredients for Dry Fruits Semiya Payasam
- 200 gms Vermicelli (Semiya)
- 1.5 litres Milk
- few Almonds
- few Cashew Nuts
- 10 Dates pitted, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tblsp Ghee
- 2 cup Sugar
How to make Dry Fruits Semiya Payasam
- Heat a little ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cashew nuts, almonds and remove.
- Lightly roast the semiya till golden and remove.
- Heat milk in a broad vessel till it reduces by half.
- Add the vermicelli and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and add sugar.
- When it starts to leave the sides of the pan, add cashew nuts, dates and almonds.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove and serve in small bowls.