Paal Payasam (or known as Milk Kheer / Pal Payasam) is a rich and creamy South Indian dessert made during festivals and special occasions. No South Indian meal served during a special occasion is complete without pal payasam. This milk kheer is very simple and easy to make with only minimal ingredients required.
Paal Payasam (Milk Kheer)
- 1.5 litre Milk
- 500 g Rice cooked
- 250 g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- few Cashew Nuts
- few Raisins
- little Cardamom Powder
- Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame.
- Reduce flame and simmer until it is reduced by half.
- Add the rice and simmer for 15 minutes over low flame.
- Keep stirring from time to time.
- Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- When the payasam starts to thicken, add the cardamom powder and mix.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Add to the payasam and serve hot or chilled.
This image of pal payasam is via YouTube