Paal Payasam (or known as Milk Kheer / Pal Payasam) is a rich and creamy South Indian dessert made during festivals and special occasions. No South Indian meal served during a special occasion is complete without pal payasam. This milk kheer is very simple and easy to make with only minimal ingredients required.
Paal Payasam (Milk Kheer) Recipe
Ingredients for Paal Payasam (Milk Kheer)
- 1.5 litre Milk
- 500 g Rice cooked
- 250 g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- few Cashew Nuts
- few Raisins
- little Cardamom Powder
How to make Paal Payasam (Milk Kheer)
- Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame.
- Reduce flame and simmer until it is reduced by half.
- Add the rice and simmer for 15 minutes over low flame.
- Keep stirring from time to time.
- Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- When the payasam starts to thicken, add the cardamom powder and mix.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Add to the payasam and serve hot or chilled.
This image of pal payasam is via YouTube