Sitaphal Ki Kheer, also known as Custard Apple Kheer, is a luscious and aromatic Indian dessert sure to tantalize your taste buds. This indulgent kheer combines the creamy richness of milk with the delicate sweetness of sitaphal (custard apple), creating a heavenly treat that is loved by all. Sitaphal Ki Kheer is a delightful twist on the classic rice pudding with its velvety texture and irresistible flavour.
The star ingredient, sitaphal, adds a unique tropical touch to the kheer, infusing it with a subtly sweet and fragrant taste. As you take a spoonful, you’ll experience the smoothness of the kheer complemented by the juicy pulp of the sitaphal. The combination is simply divine.
Sitaphal Ki Kheer is perfect for special occasions, festivals, or any time you crave a luxurious dessert. It’s creamy consistency and delightful flavor make it an instant crowd-pleaser. You can serve it warm or chilled, depending on your preference.
Indulge in this heavenly dessert and savour the tropical flavours of sitaphal.
Sitaphal Ki Kheer Recipe
Ingredients for Sitaphal Ki Kheer
- 4 Custard Apple (Sitaphal)
- 3 litre Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- for garnishing Dry Fruits
How to make Sitaphal Ki Kheer
- De-seed the custard apple and retain the pulp.
- Boil the milk, stirring continuously, till it is reduced by half.
- Add sugar and mix until dissolved fully.
- Remove and cool to room temperature. You can also keep it in the fridge.
- Add the custard apple pulp and mix well.
- Garnish with dry fruits before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sitaphal Ki Kheer
Can I use canned sitaphal pulp instead of fresh custard apple?
Absolutely! While fresh custard apple pulp is preferred for its natural sweetness and aroma, you can use canned sitaphal pulp as a convenient alternative. Just make sure to choose a high-quality brand that retains the authentic flavour of sitaphal. Drain the pulp from the can and use it in the recipe as instructed. Canned pulp works well in Sitaphal Ki Kheer and delivers a delightful taste.
Can I substitute regular milk with coconut milk or almond milk?
Certainly! Suppose you prefer a dairy-free version or want to experiment with different flavours. In that case, you can substitute regular milk with coconut or almond milk. Coconut milk adds a subtle tropical twist to the kheer, complementing the sitaphal flavour. Almond milk, on the other hand, lends a delicate nuttiness to the dessert. Both variations can result in a delicious and creamy Sitaphal Ki Kheer, providing a delightful twist to the traditional recipe.
Can I make Sitaphal Ki Kheer in advance?
Absolutely! Sitaphal Ki Kheer can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. It’s a great dessert option for parties and gatherings, as you can save time by making it ahead of time. The flavours intensify as the kheer sits, resulting in a richer taste. Just remember to stir it before serving to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
What are some variations I can try with Sitaphal Ki Kheer?
Sitaphal Ki Kheer offers room for creativity and experimentation. You can customize the recipe to suit your preferences. Here are a few variations you can try:
- Cardamom Flavored Kheer: Add a pinch of cardamom powder to enhance the aromatic profile of the kheer.
- Pistachio and Rose Sitaphal Kheer: Garnish the kheer with chopped pistachios and a drizzle of rose syrup for an elegant touch.
- Sitaphal Phirni: Replace the rice with ground rice or semolina to create a creamy Sitaphal Phirni.
- Saffron Infused Kheer: Add a few strands of saffron soaked in warm milk to infuse the kheer with a beautiful yellow hue and a delicate fragrance.
These variations can add exciting twists to the traditional Sitaphal Ki Kheer and provide new flavour profiles to explore.