Mysore Pak is a very popular sweet in South India and made during festivals (Diwali, Janmashtami etc.) and almost all special occasions.
Gram Flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Ghee – 3 cups
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Water as required
1. Fry the gram flour in 1 cup of ghee.
2. Boil the sugar with water till it reaches a one string consistency.
3. Add the gram flour and stir well till it thickens.
4. Heat the remaining ghee and gently add to the flour mixture.
5. Keep stirring all the time.
6. When the ghee starts to rise up from the sides and begins to separate add the cooking soda.
7. Stir and pour into a greased plate.
8. Gently spread them evenly and allow it to cool.
9. Before it hardens fully, slice into desired shapes.
10. Store in an airtight container.
11. If desired, garnish with fried cashewnuts.