Kansar is a traditional Gujarati sweet made during special occasions or festivals. It is given by the bride’s mother to the groom during wedding ceremony. It is also known as Lapsi.
Kansar (Lapsi) Recipe
Ingredients for Kansar (Lapsi)
- 2 cup Thick Whole Wheat Flour (or Coarse Wheat)
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 100 g Powdered Sugar
- Water as required
- few Almonds / Cashew Nuts chopped and toasted
How to make Kansar (Lapsi)
- Mix the wheat flour with 1 tblsp of ghee in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium flame.
- Add 3 cups of water and jaggery.
- Bring to a boil and reduce flame to low.
- Add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Add the wheat flour and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed or evaporated, stirring from time to time.
- Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and garnish with almonds.
- Serve at once.