Kaju Katli is one of the most popular Indian sweets made for all types of celebrations. Be it a traditional festival or a party, you are definitely going to find this Indian dessert as part of the menu.
Also known as Kaju Barfi or Cashew Burfi, it is a diamond shaped sweet treat that is often bought from popular sweet shops across the country during major festivals or celebrations.
Most commonly given as a gift during Diwali, these can be easily made at home too. The recipe requires only 3 ingredients and can be made very easily at home with ease.
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tsp Milk
- as required Ghee
- 1/4 cup Water
Optional for Garnishing
- Edible Silver Foil
- In a mixer jar, grind the cashew nuts to a powder.
- Heat water in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the sugar and stir continuously until fully dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil until it reaches an one string consistency.
- Add the powdered cashews and stir well.
- After 5 to 10 minutes or when the mixture starts to thicken, remove from flame and transfer to a large plate or bowl.
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- When it has cooled enough to handle, knead the mixture well.
- Flatten the dough (you can use a rolling pin) and transfer to a greased plate.
- Gently roll until it evenly spread out on the plate.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, cut them into diamond shapes. Spread the silver foil on top.
- Store them in an airtight container.