Also called as Rava Laddu, this is a popular laddoo variety made using rava (sooji) during Diwali, Janmashtami, Holi and other festivals.
Rava (Sooji) – 1 cup
Dry Coconut (Koppara Thenga) – 1, grated
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 4 tsp
Hot Water – 2 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Fried Cashewnuts – 10
Fried Raisins – 30
1. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the rava, fried cashewnuts and raisins.
3. Mix well till the rava is lightly roasted.
4. Add the grated coconut and reduce flame to low.
5. Continue to fry till golden.
6. Transfer to a shallow bowl and add the sugar.
7. Mix well.
8. Add cardamom powder and add the hot water.
9. Mix well.
10. Make small balls of the mixture.
11. Press them tightly so that they hold the shape and keep aside to cool.
12. Store in an airtight container.