Boondi Laddu (Boondi Ladoo / Boondi Laddoo) is a popular Indian sweet prepared during most major festivals and celebrations. A staple of the South Indian celeberations, these are made during festivals like Janmashtami, Diwali, Navratri or during weddings and other events at home.
India is a land of recipes, we have so many recipes for each dish that it is almost impossible to figure out the exact number. As with most other dishes, Boondi Laddu is one of the most popular laddu varieties.
Most people assume that making laddoo at home is difficult, but if you have everything prepared and ready, it is one of the easiest dish to make. And the fun part is, you can involve the children too. Not only this is a wonderful way to get them involved, it is also a super delicious snack / sweet for them as well.
Try this simple recipe to make boondi laddu at home.
Boondi Laddu Recipe
Ingredients for Boondi Laddu
- 2 cup Besan Flour heaped
- 2 tsp Rice Flour
- a pinch Cooking Soda
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- few drops Edible Kesar Colour
- 10 to 15 Cashew Nuts broken
- 10 to 15 Raisins
- 1 tsp Cardamon Powder – 1 teaspoon
- 5 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Kalkandu / Rock Candy
- 2 tbsp Ghee
How to make Boondi Laddu
To make the boondi
- Mix flour and baking soda with little water to a smooth batter, like a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Hold boondi ladle with small round holes on top with one hand.
- With the other pour some batter all over the holes.
- Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot oil.
- Stir with another ladle and remove when light golden.
- Keep aside.
- Repeat until all the remaining batter are used up.
To make the sugar syrup
- Add sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add kesar color and boil till sticky (half string consistency) but no thread has formed.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Now add the prepared boondi into the syrup and mix well.
- Separately, heat ghee in a small frying pan. Fry the cashew nuts, raisins, cloves and put it in the boondi mixture.
- Add the kalkandu and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then mix again. Transfer the boondi mixture to a plate.
- Make lemon size balls while the mixture is warm to hold.
- Store it in an airtight container.
it was very tasty