Shakkarpara is a sweet, crispy, and crunchy dessert that is made from flour, sugar and ghee. It is usually served with a cup of milk or a glass of cold water.
Also known as Shankarpali or shakkar pare, these are similar to the diamond biscuits and is a perfect tea time snack .
Often made during festive occasions like Diwali or weddings, they can be eaten as an evening snack or as a dessert after dinner.
Ingredients for Shakkarpara
- 2 cup Atta / Maida Flour
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- a pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Water adjust as needed
- for deep frying Oil
How to make Shakkarpara
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add the sugar, ghee and needed water to dissolve the sugar in it.
- When the sugar completely melts and the syrup is ready, cool them for a while.
- Do not cool down completely.
- Take bowl and add the flour, salt and cardamom powder.
- Mix them well and gradually add the sugar syrup to the flour and knead them.
- Do not make a soft dough. Make balls from the dough.
- Take a rolling board and flatten the balls.
- Do not make it too thin.
- Cut them into diamond shape and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Drop them one by one.
- Fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain them using a kitchen towel.
- Cool them to room temperature and store them in an air tight container.