Christmas Fruit Cake is a traditional rich and moist cake with brandy (or Rum) & loaded with dried fruits and nuts. Fruit cakes have been a traditional part of any Christmas menu.
Delicious, simple and easy to make, this fruitcake recipe for Christmas can be made a couple of days in advance and stored in an airtight container.
Christmas Fruit Cake
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Maida (Plain Flour)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tbsp Clove Powder
- 1 tbsp Allspice Powder
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 + 3/4 cup Brandy (or Rum) adjust as required. Use 1/4 cup to start and increase to 3/4 cup if required
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Raisins
- 3/4 cup Chopped Mixed Nuts almonds, pistachios, cashews
- 3/4 cup Dried Mixed Fruits
- 3/4 cup Butter melted
- Combine sugar, plain flour, baking soda, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup brandy, mixed fruits, nuts and melted butter.
- Add the cinnamon powder, clove powder, nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased cake pan.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 110C/225F for 30 to 45 minutes or until ready.
- To check if the cake is ready, insert a knife and if it comes out clean, then the cake it ready.
- Remove and cool.
- Wrap the cake in a foil and sprinkle 1 tblsp of brandy everyday for a week to keep it moist and soft.
- Cut into slices and serve.
If you love this cake, then check out some of the other popular cakes that you can easily make at home.