Rava – 1/2 cup
Cashewnuts – handful
Raisins – handful
Ghee – 2 to 3 tblsp + 1 tsp for frying the cashewnuts and raisins
Kesari Powder – a pinch
Cloves – 2 (optional)
Sugar – 1 cup
1. Heat 1 tblsp of ghee in a pan.
2. Fry the rava till it turns light pink.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add 2 cups of water to the pan and add the kesari powder.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the fried rava and mix well, stirring from time to time.
7. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the rava is cooked.
8. Add the sugar and mix well until it dissolves fully.
9. Add the remaining ghee and cook till the rava starts to leave the sides of the pan.
10. In a small frying pan, heat 1 tsp of ghee. Fry the cashewnuts and raisins.
11. Sprinkle this on top of the kesari and serve at once.