Get ready to embark on a flavour journey with our Pineapple Sandesh. This delectable Indian dessert is a fusion of traditional Sandesh and the tropical sweetness of pineapple. It’s a dessert that beautifully marries the creamy texture of fresh paneer with the fruity, tangy essence of pineapple.
pineapple Sandesh is a dessert that effortlessly combines the creamy goodness of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with the refreshing flavours of pineapple. It’s the perfect treat for those who love a hint of fruitiness in their sweets.
Serving as an ideal dessert for special occasions and celebrations, Pineapple Sandesh is a versatile sweet that can be enjoyed after a hearty meal. Whether you’re a fan of traditional Indian sweets or someone looking to explore new flavours, this recipe is a delightful addition to your repertoire.
- 750 gms Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Pineapple Slices
- A few drops of Pineapple Essence
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- A little Pink Food Coloring
- Knead the paneer with sugar for 2-3 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Heat the mixture in a heavy pan over low flame for about 2 minutes or until the sugar melts. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add a few drops of pineapple essence to the paneer mixture and knead again until it's well incorporated.
- Cut the pineapple slices into halves.
- In a mixie, grind the grated fresh coconut without adding water.
- Mix the ground coconut with sugar and heat until the sugar melts. Add a touch of pink food coloring if desired.
- Shape the coconut mixture into small balls.
- To assemble, place one piece of pineapple on a serving tray.
- Spread the paneer mixture on top of the pineapple slice.
- Sprinkle a little syrup from the pineapple on the paneer.
- Decorate your Pineapple Sandesh with the tiny coconut balls on top.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I use canned pineapple slices for this recipe?
Yes, you can use canned pineapple slices, but fresh pineapple adds a wonderful, natural sweetness to the Sandesh.
What’s the shelf life of Pineapple Sandesh?
Pineapple Sandesh is best enjoyed fresh but can be refrigerated for up to 2-3 days. However, the texture may change slightly over time.
Are there other variations of Sandesh I can try?
Absolutely! Sandesh is a versatile sweet, and you can experiment with flavours like mango, cardamom, or saffron to create different variations.
What’s a suitable pairing for Pineapple Sandesh?
Enjoy Pineapple Sandesh with a cup of masala chai or serve it as a sweet ending to a traditional Indian meal, alongside dishes like Biryani or Chole Bhature.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of Sandesh by using vegan paneer or tofu and substituting dairy ingredients with plant-based alternatives like almond milk or coconut cream
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.