About the Recipe:
Treat yourself to the rich and aromatic experience of our Rich Fruit Cake. This classic recipe combines the warmth of spices, the sweetness of fruits, and the richness of brandy. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a slice of indulgence, this cake is a must-try.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
Savour the holiday spirit with our Rich Fruit Cake, a delectable fusion of flavours and textures. Combining brandy-soaked fruits, aromatic spices, and a moist cake base creates a symphony of taste that will leave you craving more.
- Ensure the butter and sugar are thoroughly creamed for a smooth texture.
- Soak the mixed fruits in brandy in advance for enhanced flavour.
- Use nonstick parchment paper for easy removal from the cake pan.
This Rich Fruit Cake recipe draws inspiration from traditional holiday desserts, making it a perfect addition to festive celebrations. The blend of spices and brandy reflects a timeless culinary tradition associated with warmth and togetherness.
Serving and Storing Suggestions:
Enjoy the Rich Fruit Cake on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream for added decadence. Store in an airtight container to preserve its moist texture, keeping the festivities alive for up to 3 to 4 days.
Other Similar Recipes:
While indulging in the richness of this fruit cake, relish the nutritional benefits of almonds, providing healthy fats and antioxidants, making your celebration both delicious and nourishing.
Rich Fruit Cake
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice Powder (Cinnamon, Cloves, and Green Cardamom )
- 500 gms Mixed Fruits (chopped)
- 125 gms Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 2 tbsp Jam
- 2 tbsp Almonds (blanched)
- 1/2 cup Glacé Cherries (halved)
- Round Cake Pan
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour, mixed fruits, brandy, spices, and jam. Mix well.
- Transfer to a cake pan lined with nonstick parchment paper.
- Spread evenly and top with almonds and cherries.
- Bake at 150C/300F for 150 to 180 minutes, checking for doneness with a skewer.
- Cool before slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I substitute the brandy in the Rich Fruit Cake?
Absolutely! You can replace brandy with orange juice for a non-alcoholic version. The cake will still boast an incredible depth of flavour.
How can I enhance the moistness of the Rich Fruit Cake?
Soak the mixed fruits in brandy a day before baking for an extra moist cake. This ensures a burst of rich flavours and a moist crumb.
Can I freeze the Rich Fruit Cake for more extended storage?
Certainly! Wrap the cake securely in plastic wrap and aluminium foil before freezing. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight for a fresh, preserved taste.
Any creative ways to serve the Rich Fruit Cake?
Elevate your experience by serving the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce. It adds a delightful twist to the classic flavours.
Can I customize the fruit mix in the Rich Fruit Cake?
Absolutely! Experiment with your favourite dried fruits like apricots, figs, or cranberries to add a personal touch to this festive treat.
“Image is only for illustrative purposes and not that of the actual recipe”