Rava Seedai is a traditional South Indian dish that consists of small, round or oval-shaped, deep fried balls made from semolina and rice flour.
It is traditionally made during festivals such as Diwali, Krishna Jayanthi or Navratri.
It is often eaten as a snack and used as an offering to the gods.
Rava Seedai Recipe
Ingredients for Rava Seedai
- 2 cup Rava (Sooji)
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- little Cumin Seeds
- as per taste Salt
- as required Oil for frying
How to make Rava Seedai
- Combine the rava, rice flour, coconut, cumin seeds, salt and butter in a bowl.
- Mix well without any lumps.
- Add some warm water and mix well to a chapati dough consistency.
- Cover and keep aside for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Make small balls and keep them on a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry the prepared balls until light golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Store in an airtight container.