Godhuma Rava (Broken Wheat Rava) – 1 cup
Green Peas – 1 tblsp, soaked, drained
Carrot – 1, finely chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, peeled, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 1
Cashewnuts – 1 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the godhuma rava till golden.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. To the same pan, add 1 tsp oil and fry the mustard seeds till it starts to splutter.
5. Add urad dal, bengal gram dal, cashewnuts, dry red chilli and fry for a minute.
6. Add the onions, carrot, capsicum and peas.
7. Stir well.
8. Add green chillies and ginger.
9. Pour 3 cups of water.
10. Add salt and turmeric powder.
11. Bring to a boil.
12. Reduce flame to low and gently add the godhuma rava.
13. Add the remaining oil and stir well.
14. Cook for a few minutes until the water has been absorbed and the upma is done.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with pickle or as is.
Image credit: karusdelicacies.blogspot.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !