Oats puttu is an alternative to traditional puttu which has all the same ingredients but uses oats instead of rice flour. It’s easy to prepare and can be prepared in advance as well which makes it convenient for people with busy schedules.
Puttu is a traditional breakfast dish in Kerala, India. It is made of rice flour and coconut milk. It is usually eaten with bananas and other fruits.
- 250 g Oats
- 2 tbsp Sugar optional
- 4 Cardamoms powdered
- 15 to 20 Cashew nuts
- 2 to 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- as per taste Salt
- Heat little ghee in a pan.
- Fry the oats and grind smoothly in a mixie / blender.
- Fry the cashew nuts in ghee and remove.
- Add salt and little water to the oats powder.
- Mix well and pressure cook till 1 or 2 whistles.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add sugar, coconut, cashew nuts, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Shape them into small/medium rolls.